Monday, December 11, 2006

12/12/06 Lesson Plan.

Our main focus this week is on escaping the mount position. When your opponent has you trapped in the mount position the first step towards escaping is to relax and maintain your breathing. It's also very important to keep your elbows in close to your ribcage and your hands in a position where you can protect your neck. Also, we need to make sure to always keep at least one of our feet on the floor, ideally both feet are used for optimal bridging to off balance our opponent. I've listed the techniques we will be focusing on below:

Techniques/Drills:

  • Basic Hip/Elbow Escape variation
  • Defeating the Leg Grapevine
  • Escaping the High Mount

You'll notice that this week I have not included any descriptions with the techniques listed. The reason for this change is because I feel that it is important for you to document these techniques in your own words. This can easily be accomplished by keeping a journal, either in a notebook or by starting your own online blog. I would encourage you to start your own blog and make sure that you send me the link so I can read about your progress!

Coach

www.fosterbjj.com



No comments: