Monday, January 22, 2007

2/5/07 Lesson Plan

Earlier on today I was scratching my head trying to figure out what we should work on this week. After a few moments, it hit me like a ton of bricks! Many of you have been complaining about not being able to pass the Spider Guard. For those who don't know, Spider Guard is a form of open guard in which your opponent has one or both feet pushing on your biceps, while maintaining control of one or both of your sleeves. So, by popular demand, this week we will be covering how to go about passing the Spider Guard!

Techniques/Drills:

  • Elbow Swim Pass (inside of knee grip)
  • Stack Pass (under leg grip)
  • Spin Pass (Opponent is pushing up further with one leg than the other)

I will do my best to make sure that we're able to work on all of these throughout the week!

Coach

No comments: